** This is a changing situation. We will periodically update this page if new information is available. Please visit our facebook page for up-to-date information and announcements regarding church activities and how you can participate. **
In light of the rapidly developing situation around COVID-19, we recognize that there is a lot of fear and uncertainty as we navigate the constantly changing stream of news and updates. This is a complicated time for our world and our communities.
However, in all of this, we want to remain firmly grounded in the truth and fix our attention on Jesus and our commitment to love others. We do not make decisions out of fear, but out of love, caring for those around us who may be most vulnerable. Our prayers are with those who have already been personally affected and with those who are caring for them.
This has led us, with information provided by the Public Health Agency of Canada and concerns expressed by our church family, to consider how to approach this situation proactively, with great thoughtfulness and wisdom.
At this point in time, we are taking the following steps:
• We are suspending all internal events at 450 Park Ave. as of
Sunday, Mar 15th 2020.
• We will be encouraging all members to engage online at our regular worship time through our Facebook page or on YouTube.
• Children and youth teaching will be made available to families each week. Visit the SPCC Family Connect Facebook page.
MIDWEEK YOUTH, AND HOME CHURCH
• All Youth midweek programming and special events and ministries are cancelled until further notice.
• We are encouraging our Home Church Leaders to facilitate online experiences with their groups. If you are not in a home church but want to connect with others in some way during this pandemic email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
You can continue to support and fuel our ministry by giving online at https://www.canadahelps.org/dn/20254. Thank you for your generosity and continued support.
OUR MISSION IS ALIVE STILL
While we are making these changes and taking precautionary measures, we are not shutting down our mission or compromising our vision. This time is going to stretch us to allow our mission to take a new form. We will make use of digital mediums, engage in online community building, and learn how we can better support each other physically by making connections, remembering and helping those who are isolated.
We are praying for the health of our community, our city, country and the world during this pandemic. We are praying for God’s provision for us, for those who will lose work and have extra childcare costs, for wisdom in our own leadership and that of our city and countries officials. We want to pray for our neighbours and each other, and we pray for our own imagination and courage to continue to engage and invite those we don’t know by seeking to love those we encounter even during this challenging time.
Grace and Peace,
Pastor Steve and the Board of Elders